16 cups of greens, washed and sliced into ribbons with stems removed
2 tbs of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 shallot, sliced (about 2 tbs)
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp of sea salt
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
2 tsp of chili powder
1.5 cups of chicken stock
For the Braised Greens:
- In a heavy bottomed pot with a lid (I used a Dutch oven), heat the olive oil on medium heat
- Add the shallots and garlic, and sauté until fragrant
- Add the greens and the seasoning, and stir until every leaf is evenly covered.
- Add the red wine vinegar and the chicken stock and stir, then turn the heat to low heat.
- Braise the greens for an hour on low heat, stirring occasionally. If the greens stick, turn the heat down and add a little more chicken stock.