Bae Rating: 4/5. I mean there's rosewater in it. Don't be ridiculous.
Vibes: You just fed someone a delicious steak dinner and need to keep dessert light...lightish.
- 1 pint of strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 TBSP of rosewater
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1/4 TSP of cardamom
- 2 TBSP of powdered sugar
- Pistachios, chopped and lightly toasted
- Flaky Biscuits or spongecake rounds
For the Strawberries:
- In a large bowl, mix the halved strawberries, sugar and rosewater until the strawberries are evenly coated. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
For the Cardamom Whipped Cream:
- In a stand mixer, or a bowl with a hand mixer (or a whisk if you’ve been in the gym), whip the heavy cream, cardamom and powdered sugar until it forms soft peaks. This takes about a minute or two.
- Soft peaks: if you take the whisk attachment out and turn it upside down, the little peak will stand and then collapse.
For the Toasted Pistachios:
In a pan, toast the chopped pistachios for about 1 -2 minutes until they're fragrant. Watch them carefully; burnt nuts are gross.
- Bake your biscuits as per their instructions (we cheated and used Pillsbury Flaky Grands), or get your spongecakes ready.
- Top each biscuit or spongecake with a healthy dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of strawberries and syrup, and another scoop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with toasted pistachios, and serve.