Adapted from All Recipes http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread/
4 VERY ripe bananas (~2.5/3 cups of mashed banana) mashed
2 cups of AP flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of sea salt
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of softened butter, plus 1 tbs
1/4 tbs of vanilla extract
1/2 tbs of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cardamom
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, and continue to mix until everything is blended and smooth.
- Stir in the mashed banana, and the spices.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour until it's just moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX IT! It's going to be ugly. That's okay. It will be beautiful soon.
- Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan, and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. I tend to cut the oven off after 45 minutes, and crack the oven door and leave the bread in for the final 15 minutes.
- Take the bread out, and cool it on a wire rack for 30 minutes. This tastes way better the next day, so be patient! It's a virtue or whatever.