Bae Rating: 2/5. Unless bae loves the simple things in life--aka chicken in a crockpot, this isn't the meal to impress someone. Perfect meal for a girls #TacoTuesday doe, turn up!
Vibes: Honestly, every time we make quesadillas from the chipotle chicken it ends up being a lit night and these make for the perfect pregame and post-club recovery meal. Throw this chicken over grits for an even more fire hangover breakfast. Here's a turn up song.
- 1.5 LBs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (~ 1 7.5 oz can)
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 TBS of honey
- 1/2 TBS of dried oregano
- 1/2 TBS of cumin
- 1/2 TBS of chili powder
- 1/2 TBS of garlic powder
- 1/2 TBS of onion powder
- 1/2 TBS of black pepper
- 1/4 TBS of sea salt
- 1 large bay leaf
- In a blender or food processor, puree the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic and honey until the mixture is smooth
- Mix together all of the dry seasoning except the bay leaf, and sprinkle it evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot, and pour the chipotle/ tomato mixture over the top
- Add the bay leaf on top, and close the lid. Duh.
- You can either cook the chicken for 2-3 hours on high, or 4-6 hours on low (depending on the power of your slow cooker). After the chicken is done, remove the bay leaf and shred the chicken to pieces. It should take no effort, because it’s been simmering in deliciousness.
- This is the perfect way to have dinner Olivia Pope handled before you leave for work!
We served our slow chipotle chicken in a cheesy quesadilla, with shredded colby jack and pepper jack cheese!