Bae Rating: 3/5. It's not particularly fancy, but it plates beautifully and everyone loves homemade pesto.
Vibes: You have 15 minutes to make dinner before TGIT, but you still want to do a lil' something.
- Bucatini, cooked al dente
- 2 cups of basil, stems removed
- 2 TBSP of pine nuts
- 1/2 a cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP of salted butter
- 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- kosher salt to taste
For the Pesto:
- Add pine nuts and garlic to a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds until they're a crumbly paste.
- Add the basil leaves, a heavy pinch of kosher salt and pulse for another 30 seconds.
- While the processor is still running, drizzle in the olive oil and blend until the pesto is combined.
- Lastly, add the parmesan cheese and pulse for another 30 seconds.
For the Breadcrumbs:
- In a nonstick skillet, melt salted butter on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the breadcrumbs.
- Cook the breadcrumbs for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until they're a deep golden brown.
- While the pasta is still hot, toss with your desired amount of pesto. Top with the warmed breadcrumbs and serve hot!
- We use our pesto for everything from pasta, to chicken and fish, to vegetable dishes! Try tossing some roasted veggies in pesto as a quick side, or whisk it into some balsamic vinegar and olive oil for a quick salad dressing!
- If you have any leftover, you can store it in an airtight container with a thin layer of olive oil on top.