Bae Rating: 6/5. All breakfast meals get an automatic 5/5 for a bae rating because if you are cooking breakfast for someone then the are indeed bae. This one takes a tad more effort so you may really be in love if you're peeling potatoes early in the mornin'.
Vibes: Sunday Morning Vibes.
2/3 cup of brown sugar
2/3 cup of AP flour
4 TBS of butter, softened
1/2 TBS of cinnamon (plus a little more to taste)
1 cup of AP flour
2 TBS of white sugar
2 TSP of baking powder
1/2 TSP of salt
1/2 TSP of cardamom
1 pinch of grated nutmeg
1 cup of milk
2 TBS of butter, melted
1/4 TBS of vanilla extract
1/4 TBS of Triple Sec (optional, but it’s a game changer)
3/4 cup of mashed sweet potato
Set aside a little extra butter or nonstick spray to cook your pancakes
- Mix all of the streusel ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside
- Sift together all of the dry ingredients and spices in a large bowl, and set aside
- Mix together the melted butter, milk egg, vanilla and triple sec until they are blended, and stir the mixture into the dry ingredients
- Fold in the mashed sweet potato
- I like some texture in my sweet potato pancakes, so I mash mine. You can puree yours in a food processor with a little milk if you want the texture to be a little more consistent
- In a pan on medium heat, melt about 1/2 a TBS of butter, add the pancake batter, and sprinkle with about a TBS of the streusel mixture
- When the pancake starts to bubble and has dry edges, flip them over and cook the other side.
- Remove the pancake from the pan, and sprinkle the side without streusel with a little streusel topping while it is still hot.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and a little powdered sugar.*
*This would also be fire with our bourbon maple syrup but we’re not going to tell you how to live your life