We decided to throw down for Memorial Day and bless Fox's fam as well as the homies. Nothing makes a black family happier than chicken and mac n' cheese, so that's exactly what we gave them. Unfortunately for y'all, we didn't measure a damn thing for the mac n cheese (whoops, our bad) so that recipe will get posted in a few. Trust, it's worth the wait. We have witnesses.
Here are some things we discovered Memorial Day weekend:
- Moscow Mules are THE summer '16 turn up drinks (once we remix and finesse a fire recipe we'll post for y'all)
- Don't try to snap like DJ Khaled on a jet ski (it's dangerous and you'll end up Ray Ban-less like Fox #RIPFOXSBANS)
- Niks CANNOT operate a water vehicle (or any vehicle for that matter), never trust her with a jet ski
Now for the menu:
- Mac 'N Cheese: I think we both teared up when we tasted this. Yes, it's THAT GOOD
- Bomb Ass Burgers: not gonna lie, Fox freestyled the burgs so we'll have to test and post later
- Chipotle Honey and Dry Rub Fire Wings
Bae Rating: 7/5 Anytime you make mac n' cheese for someone, you are officially drowning in the sauce. Basically, y'all are married and planning a family. Choose wisely.
Vibes: Cookout. Summertime, swimsuits, beers and good music. We made a whole playlist for you to two-step to while you stand in the kitchen and whip up that work. Bless up.
Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings
1-1 ½ lbs of Chicken wings
1 ½ tbs of chili powder
1 ½ tbs of onion powder
1 ½ tbs of garlic powder
1 tbs of sea salt
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
½ tbs of cumin
½ tbs of oregano
1 tbs of vegetable oil
1 small lime
Cilantro for garnish, finely chopped
3/4 cup of honey
2 cups of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I use San Marcos)
- Mix all of the seasoning and lime zest together and sprinkle evenly over the wings. Pour 1 cup of the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce over the wings, and toss to coat. Let them sit for at least 2 hours, and up to 6. Make sure that the wings are evenly coated on the front and the back. If you need more seasoning, remake the rub again, and save the leftovers for another day.
- Clean the grill, brush it with vegetable oil, then heat to medium heat
- Spread the wings on the grill skin side down, for about 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes. If the wings stick to the grill at first, leave them alone! They will unstick in a few minutes. HOWEVER, do not let the wings burn. Burnt chicken skin is trash chicken skin. Watch them closely.
- When the wings are cooked through, toss them in the honey-chipotle sauce, and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and finely chopped cilantro.
- Puree the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor. Or, chop them finely by hand with a knife
- Whisk the honey and chipotle peppers together until blended
- Pour over the wings, and toss to coat evenly
Mac 'n Cheese recipe coming soon...