Bae Rating: 5/5. They're lamb chops. LAMB CHOPS. I don't think you need any further explanation.
Vibes: Losin Control- Russ. If you're whipping up lamb chops for anybody you are lost in le sauce, my friend. Drowning.
1 cup of olive oil
1 cup of mint leaves, chopped
1 cup parsley, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1/2 tbs of honey
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of cracked black pepper
1 lb of lamb chops
1 tbs of smoked paprika
1 tbs of black pepper
1/2 tbs of sea salt, plus two pinches
1/2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tbs of onion powder
1/2 of tbs chili powder
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Mix all the seasoning together and set aside
- Rub it on the lamb chops, and set aside Really press the spice rub on, you want to make a good crust when they cook
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a heavy bottomed pan (I use cast iron) on medium heat (about a 5 or 6/10)
- Place the lamb chops in the pan 3 or 4 at a time and cook for 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Set aside, and proceed with the next batch. This should yield a medium chop, so adjust cook time to your preference.
- Cook the next batch of lamb chops, and set aside
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined
- Refrigerate until ready to use I usually make mine a day ahead, or earlier in the day. This allows all of the flavors to come together and make the sauce twice as fire.
Roasted Garlic Grits or risotto are both good pairing for this dish. Place the chops on top of either and drizzle with the mint sauce.